Annual General Meeting: The January 24th meeting was attended by 40 individuals. We thank Cole Needham (2014 - 2018), Jacques Rochefort (2016 - 2018), Brennan Gonnet (2016-2018), who had resigned from the board of directors, for their time and effort on the board.
We had four individuals let their names stand for a three year term on the OTS Board:
- Paul Klotz........... Hilong Petropipe, a member for 1 year
- Tony Green ....... Nabors Drilling, a member for 1 year
- Al Comeau......... MFP Resources, a member for 1 year
- Bill Beaton......... Pentagon Freight Services Canada Ltd., a member for 2 years
- Cody Brown....... Tier 1 Energy Solutions, a member for 1 year
Since the Board was looking at filling only four (4) spots, and there was a tie in the vote, the board decided to bring all five individuals on to the board.
37th Annual Crib Tournament: 56 teams participated in the March 2nd tournament.
Chris Hughes and Richard Schultz were the big winners - To find out whom the other winners were go to 2019 Crib Tournament.
Custom Crib Boards were provided to all the event winners courtesy of Sources Automation, Encore Metals Inc. and High Artic Energy Services.
AGLC Casino: The Edmonton OTS was fortunate to qualify to work a Casino and receiver $77,485 for our efforts. The following individuals provided the work force that was required..
- Al Comeau Bill Beaton Cody Brown
- Colin Spencer Darrell Spencer Jim Bond
- Kyle McNamara Lil Pera Melissa Naguib
- Michael Melnick Myron Myroon Myron Seibold
- Paul Klotz Robert Boyne Samia Naguib
- Terry Lister Tony Green Trevor Barker
9th Annual Memorial Golf Tournament: Babe McAvoy was honored and John (Jack) Banks, Wally Kuchar, Murray Rayner, Don Criss, Harold Gartner, Sandy MacDonald, Dymtro Petruk and Daniel Zimmer were remembered by the 57 individuals that registered in the May 18th tournament held at the Jagare Ridge Golf Course. The supper, after the tournament at the OTS Park, was prepared by The Canadian Brewhouse.
Annual Family Picnic: Due to the great weather, over 125 people showed up for the picnic. The kids enjoyed the bouncy house, a balloon artist, face painting and a petting zoo. We were very fortunate to have the following companies sponsor the picnic.
- BFL CANADA Insurance Services Inc. D.C. Signs
- Dynamic Procurement Solutions Encore Metals
- Motion Industries, Inc. OSS Oilfield Equipment Ltd.
- Pentagon Freight Services Canada Ltd. PV Fluid Products Ltd.
- Sigma Tube & Bar The Canadian Brewhouse
10th Biennial Tent Party / Bar-B-Que Blowout: 600 people had a great time at this year's event despite the rain and cold weather. The Edmonton OTS Executive thanks the following Tent Participants for making our event a great success. The participants did a phenomenal job.
- Accurate Supply Ltd. Alberta Strong Coatings Ltd.
- BFL CANADA Insurance Services Inc. Cole International Inc.
- Command Drilling Products Ltd Cratex Industries Inc.
- Downhole Inspection Solutions Drilling Tools International
- DynoMax Drilling Tools Inc Hi-Tech Seals Inc.
- MFP Resources Pentagon Freight Services Canada Ltd.
- Sen-Dit Hotshot Services Ltd. The Canadian Brewhouse
- Tier 1 Energy Solutions Triumph Industrial Products Inc.
- Varco Canada ULC
49th Annual Golf Tournament: 108 individuals participated in the tournament was held at The Derrick Golf and Winter Club, which was in great shape for our tournament on August 21st.
Please check out the Golf Tournament Results and Sponsors for more information on Sponsors and winners.
Technical Meeting: On September 5th, MNP LLP sponsored an Oil & Gas Road Show
Annual Multi-Company Christmas Party: 160 Employees of the companies listed below enjoyed a scrumptious meal catered by Elizabethan Catering Services Ltd., followed by a night of Comedy, Holiday Cheer headlined by Brad Muise and Ken Hicks. There was also a Photo Booth for some candid pictures to take home as a memento of the evening.
- Rockbusters Downhole Tools Ltd
- Stream-Flo Industries Ltd.
- National Oilwell Varco
- Master Flo Valve Inc
- De-Tech Inspect Ltd