OTS Wall of Honour
In 1998 we started recognizing and honouring OTS members who demonstrated extraordinary service and contributions to our organization. It has been very difficult to single out certain members because there have been so many individuals who have given so much of their time and resources to OTS over the decades. The following are the brightest lights in a truly amazing organization.
John 'Mac' Miller
|Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 6 years (1986 to 1991).
President in 1990.
|Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 30 years (1977 to 2006).
President in 1982.
Headed the feasibility study for building the OTS Oilfield Museum
Chairman of the Museum Committee for 28 years (1979 to 2006).
Although he has retired from the Board, Stan is still helping the Museum Coordinator.
|Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 9 years (1979 to 1987}.
President in 1984 and 1985.
|Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 15 years (1981 to 1995).
Played a significant role in the construction of the Fin Lineham Pavilion.
|Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 4 years (1963 to 1966).
President in 1964
|Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 9 years (1975 to 1983).
President in 1978 and 1979.
Laurence (Larry) McLean
|Larry was introduced to the oil patch in 1947 when he was dispatched by Royal Bank with a suitcase full of money to cash the rig worker's pay cheques at Leduc #1.
Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 29 years (1967 to 1995).
As the Treasurer for 28 years (1967 to 1994) Larry was the stabilizing force on the board, insuring that the Board of Directors followed not only the constitution, but also the guidelines and procedures laid out by the Alberta's Society Act.
R. H. Bob Lee
|Became an active member in 1967, contributing a lot of work on the old centennial pavilion.
In 1970 was involved in the first OTS Golf Tournament, supplying the beer wagon.
Served on the OTS Board of Directors in 1977.
In 1980 he provided the labour force to build the derrick of the 1914 wooden cable rig.
In 1981 he acquired the 2 pole cardwell service rig from National Petroleum Co., hauled it from the southern Alberta Whiskey Jack gas field, restoring, painting and installing it in the park.
In the mid 80's he was very active in the fund raising for the The Fin Lineham Hall.
Recently, he donated 2 hydraulic pump jacks that were used to pump heavy oil in the Elkpoint area.
|Although the records show that Fin Lineham was only on the OTS Board of Directors for a couple of years (1966 & 1967) he was instrumental in the formation and success of our organization.
Being a seasoned oil worker, Fin was fortunate to be one of the crew to drill and complete Imperial Oil Leduc #1 discovery well in 1947. At the time there was an acute shortage of experienced oil field personnel. Fin being one of the very experienced helped by getting involved in frequent informal meetings where technical information was exchanged as well as the sourcing of oilfield equipment and services. The meetings were formalized through the creation of the OTS.
Fin played a very important role in developing the OTS Park. In the mid 60's she sold some 7 acres of land at a very minimal cost to the OTS and then later he donated 2.2 acres of land. He was instrumental in the planning, designing and building of the Pavilion, which was located where the Nabor's rig now stands. Built as a Centennial Project in 1967, it used until 1988 when it was replaced with the current building. The current building was named the Fin Lineham Pavilion.
Fin supervised the building of the 1914 cable tool rig derrick in 1980. He continuously provided a tractor and other equipment for the maintenance and up keep of the park.
Fin was truly one of the OTS.
|Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 5 years (1985 to 1989}.
President in 1987 and 1988.
Rick was instrumental in the construction of the Fin Lineham Pavilion
|Served on the OTS Board of Directors for 7 years (1984 to 1990}.
President in 1989.
Henry was instrumental in the construction of the Fin Lineham Pavilion
|Custodian of the Centennail Park from 1988 to 2004.
Looked and cared about our facility as if it was his own.
Truly cared about the OTS, its park and museum.