Annual General Meeting: A big thank you to Alta-Fab Structures Ltd., Hi-Tech Seals Inc., and Reliance Industrial Products Ltd. for sponsoring the social part of our January 22nd meeting.
We thank the following individuals who retired from the board of directors for their years of service:
- Gordon Little of Flint Tubular Management Services Ltd. (1997 to 2008)
- Matthew Rolfes of Flint Tubular Management Services Ltd. (2007 to 2008)
- Mel Davis of Red-L Distributors Ltd. (2007 to 2008)
We were very fortunate to have the following 6 individuals let their names stand for board of directors:
- Guy Lefebvre of Fresco Painting
- Kevin Howard of Hi-Tech Seals Inc.
- Brett Smith of Red-L Distributors Ltd.
- Patrick Mathews of AOG International
- Gil Benoit of Communications 2000 Inc.
- Tom Fisher of Impact Oilfield Supply Inc.
Tom Fisher, Gil Benoit and Kevin Howard were elected to the board. We would like to thank Patrick Mathews, Guy Lefebvre and Brett Smith for their interest in running for the board and hope that they will consider running again in the future.
Harold Grainer of Command Energy Services Ltd. was the big winner of the social part of the function. Other winners were:
- Bill Regan
- Josh Gravel
- Sean Smith
- Bill Underhill
- Blake Romain
- Doug McAvoy
- Sean Gramms
- Dean Berthold
- Jennifer Wright
- David Tchoreuski
- Gordon Hoffman
- Neil Yakimets of Tarpon Energy Services
- Terrill Lizotte of Infinity Down Hole Tools Inc.
- Jeremy Langedahl of Precision Flange Company Ltd.
26th Annual Crib Tournament: 60 teams participated in the March 12th tournament. The big winners were Peter Yaremkowych of Collar Tech Inspection Ltd. and Carey Nagel of AHMS Inc. To find out who the other winners were go to 2009 Crib Tournament.
Spring Park Clean-up: There was a significant improvement in the appearance of the Park due to the hard work by the following individuals on May 23rd
- Trevor Adam
- Stan & Beryle Pledge
- Shane Lindsay - NOV Brandt
- Stephen Green - Nabors Drilling
- Darin Ramsell - Stoneham Drilling
- Dan Sly - Elite Camp Services Inc.
- Kevin Howard - Hi-Tech Seals Inc.
- Myron Myroon - My-Dawn Financial
- Tom Fisher - Impact Oilfield Supply Inc.
- Craig Ferguson - PV Fluid Products Ltd.
- Kelly Collison - Command Energy Services Ltd.
- Paul Shaw - Halliburton Sperry Drilling Services
- Robert Boyne - Halliburton - Sperry Drilling Services
Annual Family Picnic: The families that came out on Sunday, June 1st, had a great time. Between various races and playing in the Spider & Train Jumpy Thing, the children were entertained by a face painter and a balloon animal maker. The kids were treated to animal hats, Frisbees and other trinkets supplied by Impact Computer Graphics & Printing Ltd. and Communications 2000 Inc.
39th Annual Golf Tournament: Despite the economy, we were fortunate to field 200 individuals for our tournament. The Windermere Golf course, as usual, was in great shape and we were fortunate to have two great days for the tournament. Please check out the Golf Tournament Results and Sponsors.
Technical Meeting: We were privileged to hold an Evening with The Honourable Ed Stelmach, Premier of Alberta on October 2nd. Over 275 people came out for very informative evening,
Fall Classic: The Halloween Party on held on October 30th was enjoyed by all that attended. Sareen Prasad won the best costume. The coffin full of booze which was donated by Guy Lefebvre of Fresco Painting was won by Terry Hermann.