A Fire Pit complete with a 24 foot circular Roman Euro stone pad was donated by Command Energy Services Ltd.& Accurate Oilfield Supply Ltd.
Annual General Meeting: A big thank you to Alta-Fab Structures Ltd., Hi-Tech Seals Inc., and Reliance Industrial Products Ltd. for sponsoring the social part of our January 10th meeting.
We thank Barry Moore of Decarson Rentals who retired from the board of directors for his years of service (2000 to 2007)
We were very fortunate to have the following 6 individuals let their names stand for board of directors.
- Candice Villard of Decarson Rentals
- Shane Lindsay of National Oilwell Varco
- Tom Fisher of Impact Oilfield Supply Inc.
- Sharon Martin of Alta-Fab Structures Ltd.
- Kelly Collison of Command Energy Services Ltd.
- Derrick Zimmer of Borealis Energy Services Inc.
Kelly Collison, Shane Lindsay and Candice Villard were elected to the board. We thank Tom Fisher, Sharon Martin and Derrick Zimmer for their interest in running for the board and hope that they will consider running again in the future.
Darrin Mitchell was the big winner of the social part of the function. Other winners were:
- Al Damery
- Dean Berthold of Garneau
- Brent May of Mayco Electric Ltd.
- Jason Shyzmanski of Cameron Canada
- Steven Davidson of Lock Search Group
- Tom Fisher of Impact Oilfield Supply Inc.
- Dallas Greenwood of Katch Kan™ Limited
- Bryce Young of Command Energy Services Ltd.
- David Freeman of PTI Premium Camp Services
- Mike Sirois of Reliance Industrial Products Ltd.
- Grant Greenfield of PTI Premium Camp Services
- Terry Charko of Jewel Printing Signs & Labels Ltd.
- Peter Yaremkowych of Collar Tech Inspection Ltd.
- Anthony Marrelli of Rock Weld Oilfield Services Ltd.
- Terri Drynan-Cardwell of TLC Oilfield Transport Ltd.
25th Annual Crib Tournament: 88 teams participated in this year’s tournament. The big winners were Ken Hayduk and Devon Oswald. To find out who the other winners were go to 2008 Crib Tournament.
We were graced with the presence of the following 4 individuals who played in the 1st Annual Crib Tournament: Mike Ferneyhough, Walter Domytrak, Mike Seibold and Adolf Schuh
6th Biennial Seafood Extravaganza & Silent Auction: Almost 500 people attended the May 9th event. We thank all the donors of the auction items and the purchaser of the items for making this event a success - $22,057 was raised. To check out the supports of Auction go to 2008 Auction Donors and 2008 Auction Buyers
Spring Park Clean: There was a significant improvement in the appearance of the Park due to the hard work by the following individuals on May 24th
- Randy Beebe - NOV Brandt
- Shane Lindsay - NOV Brandt
- Don Crosswhite - NOV Brandt
- Brad Gibeau - Hunting Oryx Ltd.
- Dan Sly - Elite Camp Services Inc.
- Tracy Crosley - Precision Drilling.
- Brett Smith - Red-L Distributors Ltd.
- Myron Myroon - My-Dawn Financial
- Lorne Stayko - Cole International Inc.
- Craig Ferguson - PV Fluid Products Ltd.
- Kelly Collison - Command Energy Services Ltd.
- Robert Boyne - Halliburton - Sperry Drilling Services
- Stuart LeVoguer - Uni-Spec Inspection Services (Nova) Limited
We extend a special thank you to Corey Gibeau who brought out his brand new bobcat for the day and saved us from having to do a lot of manual labor.
Annual Family Picnic: The families that came out on Sunday, June 1st had a great time. Between various races and playing in the Spider & Train Jumpy Thing, the children were entertained by a face painter and a balloon animal maker.
38th Annual Golf Tournament: 240 people enter our Golf Tournament, unfortunately, we could only accommodate 200 individuals in the tournament. The Windermere Golf course was in great shape and we were fortunate to have two great days for the tournament. Please check out the Golf Tournament Results and Sponsors.
Some of the big winners were:
- Over $6,000 was raised for the CNIB
- Allan Fandrick of Allen's Transport Ltd.won the Titleist Club raffle
- Bob Bala of Beaver Drilling Ltd.won the Ping Club raffle
- For the second year in a row Monica Wood of Limey's Transport & Consulting Ltd. won the Thursday Night SkillS Competition at the Park. Mathew Rolfes of Flint Tubular Management Services Ltd. came in second while Chris Wills of TIW Canada Ltd. was took third in the Skills Competition
Fall Classic: The OTS executive thanks all the individuals who came out to the Oil Time Blowout on October 3rd.
We thank Accurate Oilfield Supply Ltd. Command Energy Services Ltd., Red-L Distributors Ltd. and Rock Weld Oilfield Services Ltd for donating the Texas Mickeys for the hourly draws.
The winner of the wheelbarrow of booze was our caretaker Dale McFadyen
The winner of the 52" Plasma Panasonic TV Raffle was Mike Pinchers from Cameron Canada Corporation